Packaged current accounts offer additional customer benefits on top of a traditional current account in exchange for a monthly payment. They are a number of them around and of course they aren’t for everybody. But if you are going to use the benefits then it can be worth it.
The Nationwide Flex Plus Account costs £10 a month (£120 a year) but does give you the following benefits:
- Respectable 3% interest on balances up to £2,500
- Worldwide travel insurance including winter sports, golf and business up to the age of 74.
- Phone insurance for all your family’s smartphones
- European breakdown cover for you in any vehicle
- Extended warranty (additional 12 months) on eligible electrical goods (does not have to be brand new but does need to be still in warranty)
- Commission free cash withdrawals abroad
If you total up all of the above (providing you are going to use them all), this easily gets to £600, which makes it a great deal. It has been awarded Best Packaged Current Account by Moneynet for the last 3 years (2014, 2015, 2016).
Blog Posted: 2nd November 2016.