The solar panel technology is gaining huge impetus in the modern era. With the given range of its potential benefits in terms of energy-saving and reduction of energy bills, most homeowners, as well as business owners across the world, are looking forward to installing solar panels in the given premises. It is estimated that through the installation of solar panels in the building, you can achieve around 92 percent energy rating.
In addition to enhancing the overall energy rating, another major benefit of solar panel installation is that it requires minimal care & maintenance. With the involvement of no moving parts, the installation process of solar panels is known to undergo minimal degradation over the passage of time. As per a recent study report, it has been estimated that the overall life expectancy of solar panels has incremented in the recent years with the advanced sophistication of the solar panel manufacturing industry.
How to Take Care of Solar Panels Like a Pro?
Whether you are installing solar panels at your home or place of business, you can look forward to leveraging its potential benefits by taking care of the same properly. While solar panels require minimal maintenance, here are some additional tips to ensure proper care:
- Ensure Regular Cleanliness: Solar panels tend to be completely stationary. As such, they require minimal keep-up to ensure their proper functioning. One of the most important tips related to solar panel maintenance is by ensuring regular cleanliness of the same. Upon continuous exposure to the outside environment, a thick layer of dust or a cloudy film might get deposited on the panels. This would reduce the amount of direct exposure to the sun’s rays, thereby reducing the amount of energy generated.
As solar panels are made out of glass, they do not require any special cleaning agent for cleaning. You can simply wipe them off with a wet piece of cloth to get rid of dirt & dust deposited all over.
- Place the Panels in Direct Sunlight: Solar panels are known to function excellently under continued exposure to direct sunlight for the generation of electricity. While these panels are installed by keeping the point of sunlight’s direction in mind, the direction might get altered in some instances of the year. Moreover, surrounding tree branches or bushes might also start affecting the exposure of the panels to direct sunlight. Over time, it is important to make sure that the panels are under the direct impact of sunlight for maximum functionality.
- Ensuring Storm Damage: Worried about what would happen to the panels in case of a storm? While most solar panels are made resistant to strong winds, severe weather conditions can still impose the risk of pockmarking or scratching the upper glass layer of the panels. Therefore, it is imperative for you to inspect the panel carefully after a storm or hail downpour. In cases scratches or damage happens to the panel’s surface, you should contact a professional to deliver solar panel repair services.
- Monitoring Energy: You can look after the overall performance of the solar panels with the installation of energy monitors. The energy monitors are available in a wide range of models –right from comprehensive app-driven systems to simple displays, the energy monitors are able to track the respective energy metrics. In case the overall performance of the solar panels decreases without changes in the sunlight pattern, you can look forward to troubleshooting the solar system on the basis of the tracking results.
- Checking the Wiring & Frames: It is regarded as a great idea to keep checking the condition of the solar panels & its various parts. You should inspect the wiring and frames of the panels from time to time to ensure that they are working properly. Chewed or frayed wiring of the panel could lead to major electrical issues. You should also take note of the fact that there are no cracks or gaps in the frames of the panels to prevent dust or water from entering the same.
As said, taking care of & maintaining a solar panel is relatively simpler. However, if you are new to solar panel installations at your premises, then you can consider hiring professional help to ensure the best results. A professional solar panel service provider would take into consideration all possible aspects related to taking care of the unit. If you are searching for a reliable solar panel installation & maintenance service provider in Coventry, then you can seek services from https://www.projectsolaruk.com/locations/coventry/.