If you are thinking of selling your caravan, of course the first thing you want to know is, how much is it worth?
- Search on Ebay for caravans similar to your own. Go to Advanced Search and select Completed Listings to see how much they have been sold for. Look for caravans that are being sold privately, caravans being sold by dealers will be sold for slightly more.
- Visit a caravan dealer who will offer you a price for your caravan (based on the Glass Guide). It will often be about £1000-£1500 less than your caravan would sell for privately with Piran Caravan Sales, the dealer will need to service, warrantee and make a profit from the sale.
- Research the sales prices of caravans you see advertised on the internet, in local papers and on the dealers forecourt. The prices displayed are often more than the price that the caravan is eventually sold for.
- Seasonal variations for caravan sales, caravans will sell throughout the year, although the peak time for selling caravans is from February to August. During this busy period, caravans will often sell more quickly and for a higher price.
- Internet searches by potential purchasers are most likley to be between set parameters, therefore price your caravan slightly below the thousand mark (at £5995 rather than £6000 for example), this will ensure that it targets web searches in the price range where the buyer is most likely to be able to afford your caravan.